Swallow sperm or not? Have bareback sex or not? If you like taking risks sometimes, or often, you might be looking for information on how to avoid catching STBBIs. This section provides information to help you stay ready for action.
When it comes to sex, knowing yourself, respecting yourself and communicating with your partner(s) are three good places to start. These tips will help you have a satisfying sex life.
- Know your desires and your sexual preferences: “I know what I want.”
- Evaluate the risk level you’re comfortable with: “Yes, but only if…”
- Set your limits and establish your needs: “I’d like to… I don’t want to…”
- Listen to yourself when you’re trying new things sexually. If you don’t feel good, say so: “I don’t like this, let’s take a break.”
- If you think you’ve taken a risk, drop the judgement (“I’m a loser”) and remember, you can use employ strategies: “I’ll go get tested. After all, I’m not the only person this has happened to!”
- Get tested regularly to take care of your health.